Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Will Survive

I have almost survived my 1st week of school with students. We usually start on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I personally prefer having the kids first day be on a Friday so that I have the weekend to recover.

Only 26 of my babies showed up. The 1 that moved is the one that I actually stole off of Flo's list because he stole my heart last year. He moved to Arkansas. I'm thinking about trying to transfer there with him.

This week was pretty uneventful. I had one girl wet her pants on Tuesday. She has nearly wet them 50 more times. The mad pooper struck again yesterday. We were hoping he had gone to the middle school. Anywho, that's a story for another day.

This morning some of Flo's students made a discovery in the girl's bathroom before school. They came in whispering to her, "What do you want us to do with the pair of underwear on the floor? They have #2 in them." She came and got me to go investigate with her so she wouldn't be alone of they really had #2 in them. Sure enough, there in the middle of the floor was a pair of underwear (2nd grade sized) with #2 in them. We left them there and happened to catch our principal in the hall. We told him at least our kids weren't as bad as the mad pooper. They left their poop in their underwear. I still wonder what student spent the whole day without underwear on????

On a good note, my class Read to Self for 10 whole minutes today!!!

But we burnt up in the fire drill because I had the time wrong.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment