Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Holly

Today would have been Holly's 38th birthday. Holly suffered from Cystic Fibrosis. She passed away in August 2011. She never let her illness stop her from doing what she wanted to do. She lived each day to its fullest. Check out the legacy she left for her family and friends at her blog, Enjoying Life with Shallow Breaths. Many people still miss Holly every day. She always brought a smile to my face. I know that she is in heaven having a great big celebration today. I can't wait to see her again someday.

I met Holly during my 2nd year of teaching. She was my assistant. We soon became close friends. She was the best assistant I ever had and taught the class for me on many days while I was pregnant. She loved to read Junie B. Jones to the students. It was no surprise when she went back to school to be a teacher. She taught for one year and then had the son she wanted so badly. She then became a full time mommy. We had some ups and downs in our friendship. But then again, every true friendship does. We always knew that we loved each other no matter what. I miss her really bad today. Please say a special prayer for the husband, son, sister, mother, father, and nephews that she left behind. Her son is in the 6th grade this year.

 

Not sure what's up with the picture being smushed up, but this is me, Holly, and Mim on Holly's birthday one year.

 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys are having fun!! I just discovered your wonderful blog and am now your newest follower. We would love for you to visit us sometime. http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to recommend you to write about the importance of packaging. As we know, vapes are the hot selling product all over US and these vapes should be packed in sustainable custom vape packaging boxes. You should also discuss another interesting vaping product which is custom design eliquid boxes.

    ReplyDelete